Monday, March 25, 2013

Mileage

I think I started last week with around 435 km on the odometer. I did a test ride Saturday afternoon, rode to church on Sunday, rode to work every day except Friday, and rode Saturday morning. I ended the week at 510 km.

I didn't realize I'd ridden it so little in the past three years, to have only accumulated 270 miles. I'm enjoying  putting some real mileage on it now.

75km is about 46.6 miles.
My 350Z averages 17 miles/gallon of premium in the city.
46.6 miles / 17 mpg = 2.7 gallons
2.7 gallons * $3.50 a gallon = $9.59 I would have spent on premium gasoline last week.

How much I spent on electricity because of the bike last week is another question I'd like to answer. Since my employer is giving me fuel for free, it's not much.
-Colby


1 comment:

  1. Man, I'm totally digging the bike's progress and these new updates. I'm glad you've been able to get it out on the road and start to really get your money's worth. :P

    Can you give an update on the average "mpg" you get out of a full charge? What would that be, anyway? Miles per charge? MPC's? Or have you switched to metric... which would make it... um... KMPC? KM/C? "Hey man, whut kinda kilometerage you get outta that thing?"

    Anyway, I know we tend to talk about the bike a lot off-line, but this seems like a good update to ask this particular question. Sorry if you've already covered it in a previous post. I skimmed through them and didn't see anything about it since you talked about changing the charging system back in December.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - Don't hesitate to ask me about the bike!