Saturday, December 22, 2012

Holiday

It's been a while since I posted any picture of the bike. Here is what it looks like at the moment:



The tail-light assembly and license plate bracket are missing from that picture. I got to looking at the rear section the other night and realized how big and ugly it was. Also, I often clipped the license plate bracket with my leg while getting on and off. I found a nifty DOT approved LED Stop/Turn/Tail (STT) light for the back. I'll be using it only for the brake-light and tail-light, though, so I'll need to order some more arrow-head turn signals to go in the back. Here is the new tail light next to the old assembly.


The tricky part will be making a little housing for mounting the new LED brake light and turn signals. I 'll probably try using plastic first. I'm sure fiber-glass would work too, but the weather may not allow it to cure in a timely fashion.

Here is the tank, powder-coated to match the wheels:




 To give you an idea of the final product, here's a picture of everything staged together:

I'll be off work until the new year so I'm hoping to make some progress during the break.
-Colby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - Don't hesitate to ask me about the bike!