Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Cable Labels

I've been meaning to label the main battery cables for a long time. I finally got around to it this evening. I found an acceptable font, printed out a sheet and used some Scotch heavy duty clear packing tape. It's nothing special, but it is simple, cheap, easy and functional.


The 1 inch rubber hose pieces at the ends of the cables are just temporary safety precautions used when installing or removing batteries and their connections. There is not a lot of space to maneuver the cables, tools and mounting hardware once the battery is in place on the chassis, so better safe than sorry.

I'm waiting for the weekend to take a shot at another coat on the chassis and/or re-assembly. I'll use the new charging leads when I put everything back. Then, I'll work on exactly how and where I'm going to mount the chargers. I'll also need to shorten all six charging leads to the battery by 3 feet and combine all six A/C plugs into the single 110 volt extension cord.

No big, I guess.
-Colby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - Don't hesitate to ask me about the bike!