Saturday, August 10, 2013

Usage Stats


I have more stats:

1.01 kW for 9.0 kilometers (estimated average of 35 mph round trip to work, 2013.08.09)
1.6 kW for 20.3 kilometers (estimated average of 30 mph)
.89 kW for 12.5K (estimated average of 15 mph)

This goes a bit beyond me at the moment as nothing is a constant rate. That is to say that I don't charge or discharge the batteries at a constant rate.

What I do know is that I pay $0.108051 per kWh.
I may be simplifying this too much, but at first glance, that means my round trip to work costs me 11 cents.

Meanwhile, assuming 17 mpg over the same round trip (5.6 miles) yields .3294117 gallons consumed. With each gallon of premium at $3.80, that third of a gallon costs me over $1.25.

I could save $1.14 daily. After a week, that's $5.70. That's lunch, man!

Given, this is an small electric motorcycle versus a sports car. But it does encourage me to take the bike as often as possible.

By the way, I think 20 kilometers is my absolute max range. I had doubts I was going to make it home toward the end of that trip. I was moving, but I had no get up and go. Good thing work has a charger!

-Colby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - Don't hesitate to ask me about the bike!