Saturday, June 5, 2010

Quick Update

I've got a new picture of the bike.
As you can see, the seat has been shortened, the fuel tank is back (innards reworked), the chain mounted, and the electronic throttle is attached.



I love the way this looks, to be honest. It's extremely close to what I envisioned almost two years ago.

Nothing has been wired up just yet, but that should change in about one week's time. I've taken a few days off from work in order to concentrate on the bike with my dad. The next primary objective is to get it running under it's own power. The secondary objective is to get it as close to inspection-ready as possible.

In preparation, I did a bit more research on inspection requirements and ordered a Truck-lite 7" round LED headlight. As far as I know, this is the only DOT approved LED headlight on the market. It's pretty important to me that at least this be completely legal. It was expensive, but I think it will be worth it. I also think it'll look just fine on the front of the bike, but we'll find that out soon enough. The turn signals and license plate bracket are another issue. I'm not sure I'll be able to get parts delivered on time, but we can work on mounting points even without the exact components present. The license plate also needs a light and a place for an inspection sticker, come to think of it.

I'll be thrilled to get the thing rolling on its own and wired up a bit. We'll worry about the specifics of insurance and registration when we get there.
-Colby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - Don't hesitate to ask me about the bike!